Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Where did July go?


I now have internet at the new apartment! Woohoo! Good day! Which means, I can get on with the bloggin. Just like you always dreamed of.
It’s true what they say. Moving is hard stuff. I’ve been in the new place for over a week and still haven’t fully moved out of the old one. Which I should probably get on with. My shoes are now safely...on my bed. My pictures...still in a box waiting to be displayed. And I have a very wobbly shelf thats holding lotions. Taking bets on how long it’ll stay up. 
It’s been a great week filled with old friends visiting from out of town. Words can’t describe how much it filled my heart to spend time with them. And for them to
 see where I do life. Though it may have been boring at some points, I’m hoping that they enjoyed themselves and had a nice little vacation. And Boone loves them. That counts for something, right?
Some new updates of life; 
1) I am now both Rush chair AND secretary of Sigma for the Fall semester. Im so unbelievably pumped that they have given me the opportunity to serve them yet again. But do you know what that means? Becca is leaving us. Ugh. My best friend for two years is going where the Lord has called both her and her husband. While I definitely support them, I’m going to miss them something fierce. 
2) My Arki friends have left/ will soon be leaving, Jury duty calls. 
  1. Boone hates other dogs. While this may not seem like a huge deal, it’s hard to hold him back sometimes. Merp.
  2. Boone has bad breath. Diagnosis? It may or may not be a rotting tooth. Ya nasty. 
  3. I bez going to a concert and a Ranger game this week. So it should be an excellent week.
Life changing events? None. Sorry to let you down again. 
Give me more; 

Batman. The Dark Knight Rises


Can’t get over how good this movie was. If you haven’t seen it, don’t read my blog tomorrow. Because I’ll be doing a movie review over it. And I wouldn’t want to spill anything for you. But seriously, my face was blown off by this movie. I’m faceless right now. I’ll probably go see it at least two more times. 
That being said-My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of those killed in Colorado. And I pray a speedy recovery to those who were injured. We live in an evil world, but we have a beautiful and merciful God who protects us in the midst of the chaos. 

Music.


My record player needs more beats to drop. So I'm now open to musical suggestions. Ready--GO!
And yes. That's what my record player actually looks like. Fancy-Right?


My bed is calling my name.
Goodnight.
Shelby




1 comment:

  1. i want to come visit soon and see your new place and pup!

    ReplyDelete