Sunday, July 1, 2012

The last week of June


Yo-yo yiggity yo. Crazy week that we’ve been having here in the 631! I haven’t been to the nanny house in a week and the break has been awesome. This next week I have off as well, so really these two weeks have been my summer break. I’ve stayed up past my bedtime, played capture the flag, hung out with old friends, and watched two too many lifetime movies.
Aren't we presh? 
My friend Whitney is in town for an internship, which makes hanging out with her so much easier than if she lived in Arkansas. Some other old friends, Kristen and Charlene came up to Dallas to spend time here, making for a very exciting weekend. 

<<Here's the whole gang. We ended up running into one of their old friends, and uh.. Kristen's ex boyfriend... and hanging out with him. Nice dude. And as for the random guy in the back, no one really knows his name. Oops. 



We celebrated one chapter of a sweet friends life closing here in Texas, while the next chapter of his life consists of the Coast Guard. He is currently in New Jersey for boot camp and will then make his way over to California for school. This is a huge deal! Do you know how selective the Coast Guard is? Pretty selective. And this dude got in, so proud! On another note, Crockett had to leave the love of his life and my best friend behind for a couple of months. No worries bro, I’ll take good care of her! ...When she gets back in Denton that is. But for real. he’s been like a brother to me for the last two years. And I can’t wait to see what the Lord has planned for him in the Coast Guard. Can’t wait to meet up at the Jersey Shore and fist bump with you!
At another adventure to El Guapos (which is the same place that we said good-bye to ‘Crocklett’) we celebrated a friends 21st birthday. WOO-HOO!! The birthday girl, my sweet friend Jazmine, had 20 of her closest friends next to her while she sipped her first drank. And her wonderful boyfriend got her a few of her favorite things. Such as life size Doctor Who cut outs. Isn’t he the best? 
Here's to the best small group that has ever graced Sigma and to the most wonderful birthday girl of the week. 
Left to right: Yours Truly; the newlywed, Anna-Marie; Birthday girl, Jazmine; The Fashionista, Mariah; Cowgirl Lauren; and Lucky Lindi

The rooms just moved out leaving two of us in the 631. And now the apartment feels oh so empty. I can’t knock on Greer’s door anymore and laugh at her or sit in the hallway for a couple of hours talking about nothing. But it’s okay, I can just call her on the tele. 
Also. In 14 days, I’ll be moving into my own place. Who’s getting excited?
Besides watching 15 kids on a saturday night, playing two rounds of capture the flag, and eating to much ‘brownie in a mug’, it’s been a pretty mellow week.. 


My Tv obsession:  
I am in. love. with this show. Probably because I'm awkward and I feel like Jenna and I could be sisters. Maybe it's because she blogs and no one knows about it, which is basically how I feel about it at this point. Although she is a lot more anonymous than I. I don't like all the weird sex stuff and that they curse so much, but oh wait, it's all bleeped out because you can't curse on MTV. Why write a script with so much cursing if you're going to be on a network that bleeps it out? Dumb. But whatever. I'm hooked.

What I'm Craving:

It's my weakness. And they just came out with that nacho burrito thing. It's delish. I already tried it. But for realz, I have to limit myself. I knew I had an addiction when I was going to TB at 9am for a burrito. ....no one should eat a bean burrito at 9am. No one. If you or someone you know is addicted to TB, seek help immediately. 

My craft project for the week: 
Just in time for the 4th! Im going to attempt these beauts and wear the crap out of them on Wednesday. Get excited. I'll let you know how they turn out. 


This coming week will consist of Fourth of July with Whit, a visit to give another birthday present, a trip to Austin, and a few other adventures. Here we go!! 
What are your plans for the week?
until we meet again,
Shelby

1 comment: