Friday, May 25, 2012

The Simple Things


I feel as if the simple things in life are often skipped over these days. With all the technology that we're bombarded with on a daily basis we forget how wonderful simple is. A cup of coffee, a cupcake, a sunrise, and a flower. Enjoying time with friends, watching a good show, reading a fantastic book, or simply sitting in the quiet.  How often do you look for joy in the little things?

That's not to say that there can't be joy found in things more complex. I enjoy my Apple products and my life is has been made easier with the invention of the internet. But when was the last time you wrote a letter? When was the last time you logged off of Facebook and went on a walk?

I'm guilty of it. It's so much easier to turn on the TV and be cheaply entertained. However, I find that my contentment with such things are quickly fleeting. But when I take notice of the little things around me, I'm struck with awe and wonder. I find amazement in those small things.
And that's the point.
To think about what we may experience everyday and to re-discover the beauty and joy in it.

It's the simple things.



Shelby 

No comments:

Post a Comment